Hello, all! Normally I leave my blog as a space to post my recipes, but I was nominated by Ema for the Liebster Award for discovering new blogs. I would first like to thank Ema for finding my blog fantastic enough to nominate me for any kind of attention. Ema’s blog, Food 4 Your Mood, features fantastic recipes for clean eating as well as international cuisine.
How to Liebster/Tabe of Contents:
- Post 11 completely random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from who nominated you
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom who think deserve this award with more than 100 and less than 1000 bloggers.
- Link back the person who nominated you
- After publishing your Liebster post, go to your nominee’s blog and let them know you have nominated them.
- Frame 11 questions on your own and asks your nominees to answer them exactly the way you answered yours i. e by post.
11 Facts About Myself
- I have a tattoo and intend to get more.
- I create and sell paintings that can be found here
- I’m a total crazy cat lady.
- I’m obsessed with swimming or being in water.
- I love going hiking.
- In high-school I was on a competitive dance team.
- I studied journalism for two years.
- I have a lipstick of almost every color under the rainbow, even green and blue ones.
- The first dish I ever learned how to cook outside of my high school foods class was my mom’s signature dish, chicken parmesan.
- I’m addicted to any and every form of arts and crafts and plan on taking up knitting soon.
- Even though my blog is all decadent comfort food inspired by the South, France, and Italy I’m completely addicted to sushi.
Answers to Ema’s questions
- What is the most unique dish you’ve ever had and where?
I can’t think of just one dish so I’ll list off a couple:
- The Philly Cheese Steak Eggrolls at BopNGrill in Chicago, Illinois-they’re fried wontons filled with bulgogi beef and American Cheese and topped off with cheese sauce. They’re sweet, crispy, cheesy, and one of a kind.
- The Escargot Extraordinaire at The Cazbah in Greenville, South Carolina-At this restaurant was the first time I ever tried escargot. I was somewhat nervous because pretty much every TV show ever portrays escargot as “ewwwww, snails!” But boy is it a delicacy for a reason. At The Cazbah their tender escargot is served in a rich and buttery white wine reduction that also has whole cloves of roasted garlic and has garlic crostini for dipping on the side. What seems like a scary, overhyped dish turned into the ultimate French delight
- Other than your niche, what topic would you like to blog around?
Definitely art. I would love to start a blog where I could share my paintings, write about what certain pieces mean to me, and talk about my process of finding inspiration and creating work. I also think it would be a fun way to track my growth as an artist.
- What will you do if you win a jackpot of $1 million?
I’d want to get a house first and foremost. Not a huge one, just somewhere that feels safe and homey and is close to good food! Then I’d probably buy myself one dress and maybe some more lipstick, and then put some of it in savings and invest the rest to try and make it grow.
- How can you relate food, love, and place altogether?
Well for me that’s actually really easy. Most of my cooking is inspired by the food I grew up around. It’s easy to combine food, love, and place when I think about things like the most amazing red velvet cake that my grandma always makes for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Plus every time you’d go to the grocery store on a Sunday afternoon you could smell the fresh fried chicken from the back of the parking lot. Growing up in the south food, place, and love all go hand in hand.
- If you could transform yourself into a celebrity who would it be?
To be honest I wouldn’t want that at all. Over all I am very happy and content with my life and myself as a person. I never really had any envy for any celebrity.
- If you became invisible for a day what would you do?
That’s really hard! It would be really tempting to play some pranks on people I know. Also if I had the chance to help the world somehow by being invisible I would probably take that up.
- What are the points on the basis of which you criticize a write up?
As someone who has studied journalism you would probably think I have a massive list of criteria for a good article. In my eyes what makes a good written piece. First of all the piece needs to be interesting. For blog posts and editorials I believe that the writer should attempt to inject as much personality as possible into their writing without going over the top and getting cheesy. But a good piece also needs to be concise. I absolutely hate wordiness in written articles. Whenever I was asked to edit all of my friends’s papers in college the main thing I pulled apart was wordiness. If the piece is a food blog like what I write then the work absolutely has to be filled with tasty descriptive words. And not just yummy, good, or delicious. I need lots of highly descriptive adjectives that sum up the whole experience of the dish. As a food blogger it is your job to make the reader hungry.
- Given a chance to change the name of potato and tomato what would you name them?
I have never ever once thought of this, but now I feel compelled to come up with something good! Maybe call tomatoes big reds and call potatoes yummy lumps. Sadly that is the best I could come up with.
- All that glitters is not gold. Have you been in such a situation that compelled you to say this? Please elaborate.
To be honest I cannot think of a single time.
Since I am pretty new to the WordPress community my list is sadly pretty short.
Recipes for interesting and flavorful egg-free dishes
A great blog documenting travel and artisanal cuisine.
All kinds of interesting recipes, but some particularly nice looking pastries and Asian cuisine.
Tasty pastas and pastries
Beautiful rustic food.
My 11 Questions:
- Sweet or salty?
- Favorite food memory?
- What is your favorite ethnic food?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What is your favorite song?
- What inspired you to blog?
- Outside of the subject of your blog what are your favorite hobbies?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Who was your childhood hero?
- If you could have any superpower what would it be?
- Do you have any hidden talents?